Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Help me Own: Chic Black Boots

For about a year now, I've owned an incredible pair of Alexander Wang boots.  I actually wore them on Thanksgiving:


They look aammmaazzinnng, don't they?  And they are- but there are a few things that are very wrong with this boot that you just can't see or know until you own them.  Let me enlighten you...

1) They are horribly uncomfortable for a pair of almost-flat boots!  The space near the toes is very narrow and the boot fits VERY tight around the calf.  I would say that I have narrow feet and skinny calves, but even still, the boots are far from comfortable.  Every time I wear them, I get a blister on both my pinky toes.  Totally absurd, but all in the name of fashion.

2) These lack general wearability.  The way that the shoes fit cause you to have to pick up your foot high to step so that the heel doesn't scrap the ground.  Since I don't have the energy to high step my way through life, I've had to replace the heels on these shoes twice already.  I have shoes that I've owned for years and not had to replace the heels.  These shoes are starting to cost me more and more every year!

So, with comfort and wearability being low, this has lead me to the search for a new pair of chic, black boots.  I've been surveying the boot world and here are a few pairs that are on my radar.

NDC's glorious boots are the front runners right now.  My only complaint is that they seem a little rugged compared to what I'm really looking for.  I want something I can wear with dresses and I don't think that these can do that.

How about these Thompson Suede boots?  Pretty beautiful!  Hope they're comfortable...

What if I just abandon the flat idea all together and get these leg enhancing Stuart Weitzmans?!  Say I won't...

Thoughts??  Which ones are your favs?

No comments: