Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Own for Friends! Girlfriend gift guide!

I don't know about you guys, but what happens to me every year is that I obsess over getting my girlfriends the perfect gifts and I'll search and search and search forever and end up having to rush-buy something (anything) the day before Christmas Eve.  So stressful!

Well!

I am not going to do that this year.  Not that I won't be keeping my eyes peeled for awesome gifts, but there are tons of things out there that I have seen so far that are great gifts ideas.  Also, all these gifts are very affordable (unlike the Daily Candy gift guide that suggests that I would consider spending $300+ on a perfume filled pendant for a coworker.  Talk about whack...!) and unique so that your friends don't feel like you just raked through Gap Body and picked up random things...

These mini bling Shashi Friendship bracelets are on sale at yoox.com right now.  They come in a select few colors and are simple enough that you could stack these with a few other bracelets and create a pretty sick arm party (as ManRepeller would say!)

I haven't written in a diary since I was in high school, but Taschen prints a really cool one called the Philipp Keel's Simple Diary.  What's unique about this diary is that it's not blank space, but more a fill-in-the-blank writing experience.  It asks you to select a descriptor per day and forces you to really put your day in perspective rather than just take to a diary to bitch and moan.  I like this idea a lot and I've actually started to write in one of these diaries and I love it!

INSTANT MANIS with Sally Hansen's Salon Effects.  Get the Winter Funderland or Frock Star to prep for that New Year's Eve party!  The manicures are full on nail stickers that last about a week and are easy to apply in 10 minutes.  They're also easy to find- pick them up at Duane Reade or CVS.

I know it might be a little strange to gift undies, but Hanky Panky thongs are so cute and they make a great extra add-on item to any gift since they're only about $18.  One size fits most...?  A little weird for undies sizing, so be careful who you get these for...don't want to accidentally offend a friend and become un-friends.


To be really original, you could take it to etsy!  There are so many things to buy on etsy, but just be careful since some vendors may not offer returns.  Here are a few of my cute gift finds:






Happy gifting!  Have any stories of the perfect gifts that you've given in the past??  I need more inspiration!

1 comment:

Consuelo Martinez said...

this is a great gift guide! I just wanted to add one more idea i found in the wonderful world of Etsy cuteness. You can purchase these in bronze or silver, and they make an adorable gift for any girl who likes to add a little something to her hairdo. http://www.etsy.com/listing/61892962/twig-hair-pins-in-golden-bronze