Thursday, December 15, 2011

Obsessed: Tokyo Milk

Remember back  in high school when gifting Bath and Body Works and Body Shop items were all the rage??  All those fragrant (and honestly, overwhelming) scented lotions and antibacterial gel thingies...

After that phase, I kind of stopped paying attention to "body luxuries" and I have developed terribly dry skin on my hands when winter weather comes around (a la crypt keeper...it's kind of gross), so I have decided that I need to consider my options and get some dang hand cream.

The hand cream market is pretty vast.  I mean, I could run down to CVS right now and just pick up some Jergens, but what's the fun in that?  Instead, I skipped over to Ricky's.  I don't usually frequent Ricky's outside of Halloween time, but it was kind of nice being in Ricky's not around Halloween- there's usually a line to get into the store around that time (read: INSANE).

Anyway, I walked in and sampled a few things they had in there and I came to find this brand called Tokyo Milk.  I'd never heard of them before, but their package is so pretty and girly that I just had to touch it.  I squeezed a little bit of this onto my hands:

It was awesome!  Soft, silky and not oily!  And the smell?  AMAZING.  Soft scent of roses.  So fancy!  but wait, what??  $18 for a tube of hand cream?  Eeks!  No need to ogle because I can afford that, but it ain't cheap!  So I'll obsess....SMELLS SO GOOD. 

The brand also has some really yummy smelling lip balms and candles.  If you're looking for something to gift, I think these items would make great presents.  If you got some extra dolla dolla bills, treat yourself!

No comments: