Monday, December 12, 2011

Pass on Owning...Butter Nail Products

I don't really like to be negative about things on this blog, but I need to express a recent disappointment.

Along with shoes, bags, rings, and crop-tops, I'm obsessed with nail art.  I'm always looking for the next cool nail color and next sparkly color to wear whether it be for Monday Fundays (which are rare) or Hump Days or most recently, the holidays.  I went through this endeavor last year, too, but I had come out with this polish:

Looks beautiful, right?  Well, it is.  It comes out of the bottle and onto the nail pretty much like a solid stream of gold sparkle.  It's like fingernail bling.  And furthermore, it's healthier for the nail!  Butter Polish is better for your nails than some other brands because they don't contain Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP.

Downside?  It doesn't stay on the nail!  Maybe because it's a glitter polish, but because it spreads on like sheet, it comes off that way, too.  That means one chip, and your manicure is over.  This polish ran me $15!  Clearly an Ogle only polish.  I was fooled.

Not giving up on the brand itself, I was roaming through Ulta during Black Friday and I found these cute nail stickers:

I was so excited to wear them to a party I had coming up.  I took the time to shape my nails into perfect ovals to accommodate the images on the nail stickers.  Then came the moment of truth.  I took them out of the package.  My heart sank.

They weren't like nail stickers I had used before (Sally Hansen Salon Effects).  They were just straight up stickers that had been shaped to fit onto your nail.  They were plastic feeling.  They had weird sticker glue on the back.  They were, in short, TERRIBLE.  After I placed the first one on, I felt like a child that was trying to shape her favorite unicorn stickers to fit on her nails.  They just didn't make the cut.

Here's the worst part- I went to remove the sticker and not only was it really hard to peel off, but it left behind this sticky gunk residue!  And these cost me $10!  Down the drain...

I've been fooled twice by Butter now and I'm not going back.  Game over, Butter.  I'm moving on.

Have I just had a couple bad experiences?  Are there any Butter Die-hards out there?

No comments: