Monday, December 19, 2011

Best places to Ogle in NY this Holiday Season

Anyone traveling to NYC for Christmas/New Year's Eve?

If so, I know that many people will probably be doing the standard touristy things (Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Times sq and all that jazz), but if you happen to have time to break away from those standard NY things, there are a lot of shopping spots that are totally worth checking out.  Racked NY has a great list which they are labeling as places boys should go to get gifts for their girlfriends (gifts that they really want), but aside from this list there are a couple additional spots that I think are worth going to.

1) Phoenix Rose - Of course you'll visit Tiffany's and Van Cleef & Arpels, but for something a little more unique, visit Phoenix Roze.  The jewelry in here blows me away every time.


2) Agent Provocateur - While Kiki de Montparnasse might be around the corner, I think that Agent Provocateur is a little more fun and whimsical.  I love the underwear myself, but I'll have to dedicated an entire blog post to if it I continue on...I LOVE IT.


3) Pierre Hardy - An amazing shoe shopping experience!  The store is personal and private and the shoes are really the star.


4) Comme Des Garçons - Clearly, I'm not the only one that thinks this store is amazing, but there are no pictures online that do this place justice.  It's a great personification of the brand and the space makes you feel like you just walked into a space cloud.


5) Lady M Cake Boutique - This is NOT a bakery.  This is truly a cake boutique.  The pastries and cakes served here, especially the Mille crepe cake, are all delicious and beautiful.  So beautiful that it almost hurts to eat them.

Thanks and enjoy!  It really is the most wonderful time of the year (next to summer, of course)

No comments: