Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Obsess: Little Charms from Dodo by Pomellato

A few years ago, I fell in love with Dodo by Pomellato.  I know from the outside it looks like just a regular charm bracelet, but really it's a bracelet with lots of meaning.  My bracelet started out about four years ago with one little bunny charm sitting on a red silk string.  It has now become a five charms on a sterling silver and gold bracelet.  I don't ever leave home without it!  Here it is:


This bracelet is now something that is so integrated into my every day wardrobe.  To tell you a little more about it, each charm on here is 18kt gold.  They do have more than animals and the collection grows every year, with certain charms retiring (it's like the beanie babies of fine jewelry?!).

The price of entry into this bracelet is $165 per charm and the silver bracelet is around $200.  Overall, this bracelet has become a pretty pricey investment piece.  I think that it can probably hold maybe one or two more charms, but I see it as an item that I will keep forever.  Here are the animals that are currently on my bracelet and what they mean (according to Pomellato, then according to me):

1) Rabbit- Let yourself be caught
I love rabbits.  Enough said.

2) Wolf- Big and bad?  Only in fairy tales
I had a dog growing up and when he was a puppy, he used to steal my brother's favorite stuffed animal which was a little wolf.  When he passed away, my brother buried the little wolf stuffed animal with our dog and I bought the charm to commemorate him.

3) Elephant- Trust me
In May and June this year, my boyfriend and I took a huge trip to Thailand.  It was an amazing trip that I can't ever forget.  I bought the elephant recently to remind myself of that trip and how lucky I was to go there and see it the way I did.

4) Angelfish- I work miracles
My nickname is Rachyfish (my real name is Rachel!  Nice to meet you all!) and I do, in fact, work miracles.

5) Shark- I can take care of myself
My boyfriend's nickname is Shark.  He bought me this shark charm for my birthday this year.  It sits next to the Angelfish on my bracelet.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you get your bracelet and charms. I fell in love with it in Italy and purchased mine while in Paris on a family vacation. My girlfriend loves it but hasn't been to Europe and we live in N. California. Can you tell me where you got yours so she too can wear this beautiful bracelet everyday. I love mine and like you I wear it all the time!
Please let me know if you bought yours in the US. The places I can find in the US don;t have the bracelet we have with the sterling beads.

Ogle, Obsess, Own. said...

Hi Anonymous! I did get my bracelet and all my charms in the US! There are two places that I know of that have them- the Pomellato store in NYC and the Bloomingdales on 59th Street in Manhattan. I'm sure if you called them, they would be able to work with you and mail it to you. Good luck!