Friday, December 9, 2011

OGLED...and could have owned...Ippolita Sample Sale

I know I've been posting a lot of jewelry items lately so this will  be the last one for a little while, but I got myself out of bed today and pranced over to the Ippolita sample sale and I need to share my anguish with you all.

When I got there, there was a line!  If you know me, you know that I don't like the wait in line for anything much less a chance to spend my own money.  Nevertheless, I didn't have work today and I had all the time in the world, so I waited.  And waited. And waited.  After 20 minutes, I was finally let in with a personal shopping (oooo, so fancy!).

Anyway, I headed straight over to the 18k gold bangles, which is what I think Ippolita is most known for.  I saw some amazing things like this:


18k gold bangles with hammered finish.  They were amazing until I got to touch and see one up close.  I didn't even ask for the price on these because I didn't like them.  18k gold alone like this appears really yellow.  Also, the bangles were hollow!  The salesperson told me that they were made like that to reduce the weight of the item, but it just ended up making the bangle feel really cheap.  So, I moved on.  And I bumped into this stone and turquoise collection:


These were actually amazing to look at and the rings, which is what I was drawn to, were only $30 (down from $275)!  In hindsight, I should have bought some of these as gifts because they were so reasonably priced.  But alas, I got distracted by this:


This wasn't exactly the bracelet- the one I saw had light green amethyst instead of the blue topaz in this picture. The difference in the color of stone made the bracelet so delicate and sparkly!  I was in love with it.  I toiled and toiled and toiled and tried to justify spending $750 on the bangle (a savings of about 75%!  The retail price of the bangle is $2,900), but in the end I just couldn't.  I thanked my personal shopper.  I walked out, head low.  I'll remember that bangle forever...I guess that's $750 saved to go towards my Cartier Love Bracelet! :)

However, if you guys are interested in going to the sale, it goes on until Sunday!  Here are the deets:

Ippolita Sample Sale
Lighthouse International
111 E. 59th St. , between Park & Lexington
New York, New York 10022
Sat Hours: 10AM-8PM
Sun Hours 10AM-5PM

Happy shopping!

No comments: