Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Own: Lacy Little Underthings

I remember a few years ago when I moved to NY in the summer, I was riding subway and feverishly fanning myself trying to just cool down.  I looked over at a girl sitting across from me and she looked cool and comfortable as ever in a white tank top.  Peeking out from that nothing-special tank was a super sexy, black lace bra.  This was the moment that my obsession with cute undies, bralettes, and all things lace began.

Having that little bit of lace deliberately exposed totally changed an outfit.  It took a basic tank and shorts that seemed kind of thrown together feel more like an outfit.  It made the bra an accessory because it was meant to be seen.

Now, I'm not really talking about lingerie (though, I think there's a time and place for a garter belt and some fancy thigh highs), but really just a matching set of bra and undies that make you feel sexy when you're in them.  They make you want to go all Marilyn Monroe and make smoochie faces to the mirror.  They make you want to prance around and dance to Robyn.  They make you want to check out your own butt a few extra times.  They just make you feel freaking good.  Here are some that I really love and may own in the near future (I'll go ahead and apologize for the bigger busted girls out there about these bras.  They won't really provide much support)...

Eberjey Delirious Bra and the matching undies

Calvin Klein often gets bucketed into the basic underwear group, but let's not forget that they also have this red hot number.

Another cute bra and undies set from Eberjey

Cute black lace set from Chantelle

When it comes to lace, I do think that there's a fine line between sexy and trashy.  I prefer to wear the lace not in a push up bra because lace + too much cleavage tends to look a little Frederick's of Hollywood (no offense).  To keep it demure and classy, I try to stick to bralettes or unpadded underwire so that it's a little more peek-a-boo and a little less va-va-voom, but really it's up to you how you do it up.

After all that holiday noshing, why not put on your favorite bra and  panties (ick, I really hate that word) undies and do some dancing in the mirror?!  Maybe it'll help to work off that extra piece of cheesecake I had last night.  And the night before that.  Man, was the cheesecake worth it, though!  YUM!    

No comments: