Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fashion Week Ogle: Zero + Maria Cornejo

I have always loved Zero + Maria Cornejo and this Fall 2012 show was just a reminder as to why I loved the designs to much.  The shapes that she creates in her designers are so unique and fun to wear.  I think of her clothes as comfortable and easy, though they appear to be so much more than that.  Her Fall 2012 Show was no exception.  It was filled with flowy colors, muted ones paired with loud ones, and sharp shapes paired with a slightly baggy and casual silhouette.  It reminds me a little bit of origami...anyway, here are my favs from the show:


I love the dress with the huge slit.  I think that slits are so sexy and so under-used!  I know, I know..."but what if the wind blows wrong and the world gets a peek at my hoo ha?"  Well, my friend, that's a risk I'm willing to take.  Chances are I'll have on a really cute pair of undies anyway (thanks to my obsession).

Such an awesome and tough spin on being ladylike!  Love it.  Here's hoping that last look with the high neck jacket somehow miraculously makes it to a sample sale...See the whole collection here on NYMag.com.

No comments: