Monday, February 6, 2012

Obsess: These Dainty, Strappy Heels

Was there a winter in NY this year?  I kind of don't think so...it's been unseasonably warm for days and days in a row now and I'm starting to think that Winter decided to spare us this year...which is great because I've been DYING to get my feet into some dainty, strappy heels!

The past few springs and summers, I've seen a lot of chunky heels and thick straps and I'm over it.  I want something delicate and chic this year.  I want geometric patterns and fluoros!  Give me that!  Well, I think these strappy chausseures (en francais- les shoes) get me a little closer to what I want.

So, it all started when I spotted this image on tumblr (here's my tumblr...just FYI):


The ones in the image above are by Tony Bianco- an Australian shoe designer that has yet to land in the US and does NOT deliver outside of Autralia and New Zealand.  AHHH!  Please come here and bring these Karissa heels with you.  That is all.  Thank you.  Anyway, not to fear- here are a ton of options out there for strappies lovers like myself. 

Since we in the US aren't fortunate enough to have access to those perfectly demure strappies, we'll have to settle for these.  And by settle, I mean obsess over, in hopes that they land in our closets by some crazy act of unicorn magic.

However, if you don't believe in unicorn magic (there are some skeptics), these aren't totally out of price range...DARE I say they're affordable?  No, that's not the right word at all...but, eh, you know what I mean.  Anyway, to the shoes!

While these aren't totally what I meant when I was talking about strappy heels, these are definitely still ones that I think fit the bill.  Also, they are laced around the edges with what's that I see?  FLUORO.  Yes.  Instantly going gaga for these Christopher Kane heels.

Pierre Hardy was the first time I ever committed to a strappy heeled sandal.   It was the Summer 2011 Collection (I remember it like it was yesterday...) and as soon as I put them on, I knew they were going to have a permanent home in my home.  These crystallized Pierre Hardy Heels are a step up from what I bought that summer and I'm in love all over again.  Put me in these and leather shift dress and I'm good to go.

I know we're Obsesing, but I just had to post these Ogle-ables- and by these, I mean, THESE Giuseppe Zanotti Heels.  Ahh, the dreamboat of the strappies.  Every strappy wants to be like THESE.   **faints**

Do you have some strappies that I didn't see while scouring my favorite sites for shoes?  Let me know!  Why?

1) I love to discover new shopping sites and really, new things in general.  I recently discovered Trendland.net which is awesome.  Check it out!

2) By no stretch of the imagination do I know all the best and coolest online stores.  I'm trying to build up my arsenal so that when that BFF of mine asks me where to buy a white fluffy, bedazlled skirt made from unrefined alpaca wool, I'll somehow know where to send her/him (hey, I don't discriminate).

Voila!  Merci!  And a good day to you.

No comments: