Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beauty OWN: BB cream?! What's that?

Ever since I was little, I remember my mom telling me that I should put on a hat or wear sunscreen on my face. Did I ever listen?  Of course not.  Not until I started to realize that the sun was putting little freckles all over my cheeks.  Sun, I love you, but I'm not a fan of the freckles so shove off and stop doing that to my pretty little cheeks!  They aren't severe enough that I feel the need to go to a dermatologist for removal, I do cover them up with some makeup because I hate when they are exposed.  Nothing heavy, but something.

I'll be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about beauty products (except lipsticks- pink, red and wine is all I need).  I wish I knew more.  Luckily, there's Youtube- the site that teaches people who don't like to read!  I was watching a barrage of beauty videos when I came to one that talked about BB cream.  What the heck is a BB cream?

Well, that question was motivation enough for me to stroll to my neighborhood Sephora and check out what I was missing.  And wow.  I've really been missing out!

 

Apparently, BB cream stands of "beauty balm" or "blemish balm" - but what I don't understand is why people still use regular foundation if BB cream exist!  Here are the benefits that BB creams have:

1) SPF
2) Age Defense
3) Blemish Correction
4) Primes skin
5) Medium Coverage

And what does a foundation really offer?  Coverage only, right?  I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm right.

Anyway, Cristal at Sephora was nice enough to walk me through the ones that they have, but the one that she let me take home and test was Smashbox BB cream.  

It's AWESOME.  it goes on smooth.  It's no heavy at all.  AND it covers a little more than the tinted moisturizer so I don't have to use as much concealer.  

For years, I've been married to Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer, but now that I've tried this BB cream, I'm totally hooked.  I have ordered a BB cream by Korean makeup brand Lioele which apparently has sunspot healing power!  We'll see how that turns out...Stay tuned!  If' not, Smashbox, I'm coming for you.  Wait for me...!


2 comments:

Fresh and Beautiful said...

Hmmm.. We've been curious about BB creams too! Thanks for the post and keep us updated on your BB reviews and verdicts!

Ogle, Obsess, Own. said...

My Lioele BB cream is supposed to come at the end of the month! I'll definitely write an update when I get it. Thanks for reading!