Tuesday, February 7, 2012

UPDATE : Obsess: How Should I Smell??

UPDATE!!

I settled on Miss Dior Cherie and couldn't be happier.  See you later Flowerbomb.


My go-to fragrance has been Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb for years now.  Probably for the last 7 years.  Wow- ha, I didn't realize it had really been that many years!  It smells like a flowery bakery and the bottle is shaped like a grenade (super awesome):


Anyway, I'm in a different place in my life now and I want to change it up.  There are so many different fragrances out there and making the choice to commit to another fragrance for another handful of years is really overwhelming.

When you walk through a department store, the fragrance people are always up in your face tossing up samples and you're never really sure what it is that you're smelling or what it's going to smell like on you.  And I don't know how much time I want to spend "trying on" perfumes, but there are definitely a few fragrances that I've had in the consideration set for a while, so maybe here's where I'll start:
Bond No. 9 makes luxurious fragrances that are complicated yet subtle.  The one that I have found most tantalizing is Bond No. 9 Saks.  It smells like a huge bouquet of gardenias which reminds me of a bush of gardenias that I had in front of my house growing up.

I remember smelling this fragrance only twice ever- once in a Saks and once in a Cusp, but Creed Spring Flower is amazing.  It's not too heavy and not too citrus-y.

Miss Dior Cherie is one that discovered in a magazine!  The fragrance was also light and not overpowering, but more like a burst of sunlight in the morning when it's cold outside.  Crisp, but not smelling like apples.

Do any of you dabble in these fragrances?  If so, what's your opinion?  Do you have a favorite that I should consider??  Lead me to the path of fragrance nirvana!!

2 comments:

Harija said...

great picks of smells
Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

@MyLyfeMyStory

My Lyfe ; My Story

Ogle, Obsess, Own. said...

Thanks for reading :) Hope you found a fragrance that you liked! Feel free to follow me if you want to read more!