Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fashion Week Ogle: L'Wren Scott, Full of Sass!

When I go through images of all the shows from Fashion Week, I sometimes find that some of the collections blur together (like Theysken's Theory, Helmut Lang, Alexander Wang...I love their designs but somehow they all end up feeling similar).

A show that really stood out to me was L'Wren Scott this season.  While many shoes were challenging the shape of clothes on the body, L'Wren Scott is keeping it real with fitted styles tapering at the waist. Lots of shows seemed to feature just one or two main colors in their collections, but L'Wren Scott blew. it. out.  Her show was fillllllled with awesome color- pinks, whites, yellows reds, purples...!

The colors and the rejuvenation of the ladylike silhouette were so in charge!  I'm not usually one to rock too many of the demur, ladylike styles, but L'Wren Scott's show was so inspiring that I might have to adopt some of these styles into my wardrobe.  Check out my favorites here:



It's so Gatsby-esque!  I love the last three looks here- the bright lace, the dramatic glitter, and the front slit.  All so glamorous and perfectly shocking in all the right ways for the runway.  See the whole collection here on NYMag.com.

No comments: