Monday, February 13, 2012

UPDATE!!! Own: That Valentine's Day Dress

Want to know what outfit I have planned for my romantic Valentine's Day dinner? 

TADAH!  Thank you Asos.com :)






Now that January is almost over, we're entering the month of looooooove!  Valentine's Day is basically staring down at me (and I love it).  I know that some people don't like to think of Valentine's Day as a big day (read: some people = guys), but to most girls, it's a pretty big deal.

Whether you have special plans or not, it's always fun to get dressed on a day of occasion!  For my vday, I think it will end up being a nice, home-cooked meal.  If not that, then something pretty casual.  Casual with a little flair, of course.  Here are some Ownable casual options:

A little lace to any top makes it feel a little more romantic like this Only Hearts Top.  I love that this one is a crop top!  Bare a little tummy!  Be a little daring :)

I'll probably put on a comfy skirt like this one from Pencey Standard and pull it a little high waisted- don't want to give too much away all at once ;)
Or this lace top from Urban Outfitters is pretty perfect, too- especially with a spicy bra underneath!

If you do have plans and you are going out to dinner, here are some options that are a little dressier.

I'm a believer that there are colors that exist outside of red, white and pink on Valentine's Day.  I especially love the lace with this pinkish orange dress from Asos.com

Something a little sleeker is this awesome blush dress with fluorescent piping!  Also from Asos.

Omgs how adorable!  Love this Queen of Hearts like dress on ShopNastyGal.

Out to just get some on V-day??  I have some suggestions for that too :) wear these and go out witha  bunch of girlfriends!  Make a scene and stir up some trouble...

Down to to the belly button va va voom.  From Asos.

I know was all down on cutouts for 2012, but hey, if you want to get you some, this from Urban Outfitters works.

Show off the milkshakes with this corset-inspired number from ShopNastyGal.

Get a head start and don't pay for overnight shipping!  Save that $20 for a little lipstick or something.  Maybe something in a come-hither pink like this Nars Lipstick in Mitzi!  Happy shopping. 

Oh and hey- Valentine's day isn't just a day for couples.  I love giving out little cards like we did as kids back in the day in elementary school.  Don't forget to show your friends some love on that day.  Think of Valentine's day as a universal love day.  Give someone a hug.  Plant a smooch on your BFF.  Give a stranger a card.  Smile a little more.  You really don't need to designate a day to do this, but if you do need to, use Valentine's Day! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the last dress! i can see myself totally wearing it. :) amazing blog... nice style picks. i especially enjoyed the rings... :)

cheers!
xoxo
jasmine
http://adamalexmommy.com

Ogle, Obsess, Own. said...

Thanks and glad you're enjoying my posts! :)