Monday, February 13, 2012

Fashion Week OGLE: Derek Lam: Flowery and Tough, but still Silky Smooth

I keep thinking that there's going to be a time that I'm going to get tired of seeing leather in the fall, but at this point, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.  Derek Lam's show at New York Fashion Week- the looks, the use of leather, the patterns, the flow- AAHHH awesome.

I love that leather isn't overused- it looks great with the dainty, floral patterned shirt that gets it's structure from the hints of black that stand out.  It's amazingly tough as sleeveless top with a simple skirt.  

The patterned suit remind me a little of traditional Asian fashion.  I love the black and white floral pattern with strong collar.  As much as the patterning was in the show, I feel like it had a really nice progression back to the sleek and simple style that I'm used to seeing from Derek Lam.  I love the white dress with black cap sleeeeeeeves.  So dreamy and excellent for a daring bride...!  By the end of the show, the skirts were flowing.  See for yourself:


See the full show here at Style.com.  More to come!  I love Fashion Week!

No comments: