Monday, February 27, 2012

Ogled: Oscars 2012, Mes Favorites

I know, I know- there are so many sites out there doing their favorites from the Show last night that I hate to jump on the bandwagon and do it, too, but there were some celebs that just looked so stunning that I had to post them.  HAD TO.

Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford- I liked this better without the cape originally, but after a little thought, I realized that the Oscars are really about dramatics and glamour and without the cape, this would've been just another white dress.  All together, it is quite beautiful and unique.

Kristen Wiig in J.Mendel- I am LOVING the nudies!  After having seen Heidi Klum at the Golden Globes with the nude and turquoise, I've just fallen in love with the look.  I love Kristen's dark hair contrasted with this dress.  It makes it look so much more rich and keeps her from appearing washed out.

Penelope Cruz in Armani Prive- Classic Penelope.  DRAMZ!  I love it.

Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture- her fair skin and dark hair make her so Lady Mary-ish!  I love her in the white.  It makes her skin appear a little more flush.


There are some celebs whose dresses I loved, but they just don't make my favorites list because they are just WAY too thin.  Without a doubt, Angelina Jolie, Rose Byrne, and Julianna Rancic all need to eat 20 sandwiches a piece.  They were so horrifically thin that everything I saw them, I felt like I was looking at skin over a skeleton and nothing more.  Girls, you need some meat on those bones!  You've lost all the curves that make you womanly.  Think about how beautiful Angie would have been with overflowing bosoms in that Versace dress (ha!  I did say "bosom"- what's it to you?) or Rose if she had a little rump sticking out of the back of that gorgeous Vivienne Westwood gown.  Sigh*  it's such a terrible shame that girls get reduced to that.  Don't forget to eat.  Please. 

No comments: