Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Obsess: Golden Globes a la Heidi Klum

It's been ages since I watched an award show and the Golden Globes was no exception.  I didn't watch a moment of it- nope, not even the pre-show red carpet coverage.  

The next day, I was scrolling through my google reader and was totally halted by Heidi Klum's look!



I wish I'd watched the red carpet coverage just to see Heidi come strolling down in this gown.  She's gotten some heat for not being dressed up enough for the Golden Globes (some people said she looked a little too "Hamptons-y"), but Heidi's seemingly effortless and simple look did a bang up job of showing everyone how all you really need is a fresh face and some killer accessories and you can make a blah dress something to really stare at (it also doesn't hurt to look like Heidi Klum).  Heidi's in Calvin Klein and her beautiful turquoise and diamond jewels are from Lorraine Schwartz

What's that I smell?  A spring trend??  Nudes and stones!  Yessssssssss!  I love it I love it I love it- or wait, I'm OBSESSED with it.

Last year in May, I posted about designer Raoul and I had actually posted this image as a favorite:


I still think this is so pretty!  I'm going to hold onto these nude tones as inspiration for my spring wardrobe!  Net-a-porter also just shared with me in their "What's New" email these two pieces from Tibi.

While this top doesn't have the same split back that Heidi is sporting, I think that paired with this skirt, you're totally getting that effortless, nude tone look.


Now for the fun part- the epic necklaces.  I have never seen a necklace like the Lorraine Schwartz that Heidi has on.  Never.  But, when I think about awesomely giant bib necklaces, I think of Dannijo.  So here's a version of their turquoise bib.


 If you want something with a little more color, here's option 2:


If you want more turquoise, then try this option from Kenneth Jay Lane


So so prettyyy!  Well now I have even more to look for when the weather is warmer.  Or better yet!  For when I go on vacation!  Wham!  Bam! Yippee!...there's that coffee kicking in.

No comments: