Friday, January 13, 2012

OGLE: Dream Bedroom

Recently, my boyfriend moved himself into a brand spanking new apartment.

Thank GOD.  As much as I loved his old apartment, it was a dump (a dump with character though!).  We don't live together, but we do spend a lot of time together so he recently enlisted my help to decorate his new pad.  Unfortunately, we quickly discovered that we have pretty differing taste in furniture and design.  He's a designer, so the things he appreciates are clean lines, minimal frills, boldness only to accent, and standout street art.  While there are things that I can appreciate about that aesthetic, I'm definitely more of a fluffy-white-popping-colors-looks-irresistibly-soft decor lover.  When I walk into a room, I want it to feel comfortable and zen-like, but not boring because there's always room for fun art and bunny knick knacks.  So, if I were going to decorate my boyfriend's bedroom in this fashion, here's what I would put in it.

The most important thing in the room is, of course, the BED.  Since this is an Ogle post, I would have this one, please. The Vienne Bed from Restoration Hardware.  I love BED SKIRTS.  I know they're probably a little girly compared to what the average male population prefers, but I think they add a nice, soft touch to any bed.


 To accent next to the bed, I'd want to bring in something that still has that rustic-y feel, like these end tables from ABC Home.  I love the antique mirror inset here.  I'm not really a huge fan of mirrored furniture, but I feel like the way it's put into the iron here, it still looks delicate without being gaudy.

The room needs a little bit of light so these lamps have just a little extra flare on the top!  I love them!  They're on sale at One Kings Lane so if you'd like to join that site, click here!

 The bedroom is actually a pretty big size so I'd easily be able to fit a chair and half in the corner, like this one from Room and Board.

And now for the dresser.  To offset the quirkier lamps, I'd choose a simpler dresser.  Like this one from Crate and Barrel.

I know that this room is shaping up to be pretty girl right now, but I think that art and fun linens it can me a manlier room, like these sheets by Ralph Lauren


And Josh Keyes!!  I have this print and I would love to get it framed and put it in this cream bedroom.  


What do you think?  I could probably find Ownable versions of all these things.  First, I have to convince my boyfriend that these things would all look great in his room.  Then!  I'll start my Ownable search.  One foot in front of the other... Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments: