Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Obsess: Are you for Scuba? YES.

I read/browse/drool over tons of blogs a day and one that I really love is Into the Gloss written by Emily Weiss (yes! from The Hills!).  Her blog has awesome coverage of the fashion industry- namely its beauty trends and influencers.  Beyond that, her site is really well designed and the photography on it is enough to keep me sucked in for hours.  The other day when I was catching up on her blog posts, I saw this picture from her trip to Jamaica:


I love this Lisa Marie Fernandez suit for a couple reasons.  1) It's a one piece which is out of my usual comfort zone.  My dad always told me that going of outside your confort zone meant pushing oneself forward in life.  It meant progress.  I'll take his advice and apply it here.  Thanks, Dad!  2) IT'S SO SCUBA!  While I've kind of been afraid of this trend, I think I'm going to fully embrace it this spring.  It's so sleek and polished.

Lisa Marie Fernandez has a bunch of amazing swimwear that can double up as regular streetwear.  Here are some of my favorites:

This is like the one that Emily is sporting above but it's just straight black.  I would love to rock this with a plush Manoush mini and some Giuseppe Zanotti strappy heels.



I love this white structured suit.  Also very wearable as a top!  How about paired with a sexy maxi skirt from Mason by Michelle Mason and some chunky sandals by See by Chloe.




I also discovered this Lisa Marie Fernandez skirt on the Outnet.  How awesome would this look with a crispy white shirt from Equipment and some tough booties like these Alexander Wang ones. UGH DYING. SO GOOD.

Even Alexander Wang is into the trend!  Some pieces from his 2012 Resort line are totally SCUBA!  Like this one:

Loving this trend as much as I am??  Well I did find one Ownable piece from ShopNastyGal:


This might be a tough trend to pull off, but I think it's so fresh.  I love it!  Maybe one of these pieces- scuba or not- will find it's way into my closet!


No comments: