Friday, January 27, 2012

Ogle Intensely: Fausto Puglisi, colorful shock to my system!

It all started when I was on pinterest and I saw this:


This is so much color (almost color overload) considering my normal wardrobe which consists mostly of black, white, grey, and more black...maybe an occasion pink or red.  BUT THIS DRESS, oh my goodness, it's so full of color and life and FLUORO (read: fluorescent)!  And now I can't find this dress on any sites to buy!  Not that I could afford it right now, but it would give me something to work towards!

A little further digging into this designer and I was able to find out that this Italian designer is a serial color splasher.  It's everywhere in his dresses!  I've had a really hard time finding sites online that carry this brand- Luisaviaroma and Farfetch being a couple of them.  The usage of color blocking here is certainly inspiring and I've definitely seen a few dresses out there by other designers that do a good color block as well (don't worry, a post about that is coming soon), but none as halting as this dress.

After a brief trip to Bloomingdale's yesterday, I'm almost scared to continue talking up and promoting the fluoro colors for the spring, because they're freaking EVERYWHERE.  I doubt the fact that they're everywhere will stop me from getting a pair of lime green jeans, though.  Get ready, World!

  

3 comments:

Kezzie said...

Wow, that is some bright dress! It really works though, especially with those blue shoes! Hope you find one! (Hello by the way! I found your blog when I was searching google for mirrored bunny earrings! Now following as I like!)

Ogle, Obsess, Own. said...

Thanks for reading Kezzie! So glad that you enjoy it :D

Chandana said...

Love the dress! Seriously its stunning!

Wanna follow each other?
♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com