Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Own: Ballerina Brunch Inspiration UPDATE!

UPDATE!  Here are some of the photos from our brunch!  The apartment that we had the brunch in was amazingly designed- everything in it was so warm, inviting and LUSH.  MY GOD.  I wanted to chain myself to the steampipe and never leave.  Anyway, don't let me go on.  Here are some pics!







And our beautiful photographer <3

There are a few really popular things to do in New York City when you want to catch up with friends:

1) Drink.

2) Drink.

3) Eat.

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes that gets damn boring.  Isn't there more to life than drinking and eating (eating, no, but drinking, probably yes)??  A friend of mine finally threw up her arms and agreed with me and has started to do these series of brunches- I know, I know, it still involves eating, but stick with me for a second here.

My friend is an amazingly talented photographer.  She throws a themed brunch and has everyone arrive ready to be paparazzi-ed.   All her friends are gorgeous subjects (I'm HONORED to be included in this group!) and they become the focus of her work.  I think the idea is brilliant!

This weekend, she'll be hosting a ballerina brunch!  I'll be attending!  She sent out a few images to us so that we would have an idea of what she found as inspiration for this brunch:





Beautiful, right?  Now, what am I going to wear to this fancy brunch??

How about these very Ownable items:

Of course, an American Apparel onesie is in order.  Probably one of the few times that this will make sense. 

This light blue skirt from Free People is the right kind of delicate!

This lace top from Free People is PERFECT!! (Looks like I really am going to have to hit up Free People)

Need some cheap ballerina flats?  Asos has got you covered even if you aren't going to a fancy ballerina brunch. AND only $37!

I would love for my hair to look like this...but alas this might be the impossible for me to do with just my own two hands.


Maybe I'll add a little toughness to my ballerina duds with this vegan leather vest...so many ideas floating around in my head!

I'm very excited to get all dolled up in frilly lace, paint my cheeks a rosy pink, and prance around like a prima ballerina.  Best possible Saturday plans- ever.

1 comment: