Monday, January 2, 2012

Need to Own: Organization!

So, now that it's the new year, there are going to be a ton more people in my gym and a lot more people getting salads for lunch.

For me, I think I've had enough of salad and gyms for the last year (though I will continue to eat salads and go to the gym...).  One thing that I really need to get figured out is a way to organize my room without it looking like a slew of shoe boxes hiding knick knacks.  I mean, after all, I am an adult now, right?  (Ha ha)

I could go the easy way and just hop over to the Container Store, but I want something that has some character, not just some plain boxes.  Here are some really cute ones that I've found so far:

So far, these Ribbon Boxes are my favorite.  I feel like they are a little bit different and could be paired with some simpler boxes in the future.


These Chinese Horse Boxes aren't really my style, but I think that they could be nice to put jewelry in and add a little more decoration to my dresser top.

These are your run-of-the-mill fabric storage boxes, but they have a cute Floral Patterned option.

 These Mosaic Boxes are my second favorite!  I like that they have a little sheen to them.  A little glitz and glam to sit on my bookshelf.

2012 will be the year of neatness (for at least a month...).  What do you guys think?  Are there some nicer options out there?  I could always D.I.Y. it, too...especially if I found the right fabric or sparkle!  We'll see how ambitious I am in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: