Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Usually Ogled, but Owned Now: Post Christmas- KitchenAid Mixer!!

When the going gets tough, there seem to be two things that really calm me down- yoga and cooking.

Yoga because it's a practice that teaches you to breathe and reflect on the positive things in your life.  Cooking takes your mind off of life at hand so you can focus on making something new and not everything else that's crumbling around you (haha pun intended!)

With yoga already largely in my life, for Christmas this year, I received the Holy Grail of kitchen appliances- the KitchenAid Mixer.



It's glorious and beautiful.  I love the copper color.  It's so shiny and new!  What was the first thing I made with this mixer??




While I'd love to take credit for this photo, it's actually from the blog, Butter Me Up Brooklyn.  The cookies were really easy to make and took about an hour in total to make about 3-4 dozen.  They came out looking almost identical to the picture.  They were gobbled up faster than I made them at my classy New Year's Eve potluck.  An alternative to two bite brownies??  Probably!  Check out the Butter Me Up Brooklyn blog for more recipes.  Next thing I want to make?  This savory little number.  YUMS!  

Diet?  What diet?

No comments: