Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ogled and Obsessed Dupes: Sunny Vaca Edition

So, I haven't left NYC since Thanksgiving and I've started to get restless.  Sometimes being in the city too long leaves you feeling almost like you're stuck here.  I'm officially feeling stuck.  Want to know what I did to remedy that?

I booked a vacation, DUH.

A good friend of mine hails from Nicaragua and we'll be going with her to visit her hometown and Corn Island (both Little and Big)!  I couldn't be more excited but, oh me, oh my, I haven't seriously thought about warm weather clothes and bikinis in a while.  Time to dust off that part of style brain and see what's been brewing!

Well, the internets never fail to inspire, so, there are tons of things to Ogle and Obsess over!  Here's what I'm looking for before I take off to the beautiful beaches both the Ogle and Obsess versions plus the versions that common people like me can Own:

- a floaty, white dress - clearly!  this is a beach must!  nothing looks better with rosy cheeks, a fresh tan and some chunky turquoise jewelry
Ogle/Obsess Version : Pencey Dress

Own Version: Daughters of the Revolution Dress.  This is so close!  Sold out here at Revolve, but I think I could find this somewhere else....

- a wide rimmed sun hat - got to keep that skin protected!
Ogle/Obsess Version: Eugenia Kim Hat
Own Version: J.Crew Hat - not quite an exact dupe, but Eugenia Kim hats are so expensive and unique that it's hard to find a match!

- a funky bikini - from pics of my friend and her friends in Nicaragua, those latin girls have sick bodies and show them off with awesome bikinis!  Not to be outdone, I need to first get in shape, then rock the amazingly chic beachwear
Ogle/Obsess Version: Agent Provocateur Bikini

Own Version: Good ole, trusty J. Crew always has a great selection of basic and fancier bikinis

- convertible beach cover-up - I want to go from beach going to restaurant dining effortlessly
Ogle/Obsess Version: Butter By Nadia Wrap Dress

Own: Almost an EXACT dupe! Ravon Wrap Dress


- statement earring bling - I'm going bare neck with my super long hair so I want to keep it classy with some serious ear baubles
Ogle/Obsess Version: Jose & Maria danglies


I hope this inspires some of you to take some time for yourself and find a haven (like a sunny beach!) to relax/spring break/party/dance for a while.  If not, I'll be sure to post a lot of pics when I go on vaca so you live vicariously through me (I know it's not the same, but hey, it's better than nothing)!

No comments: