Monday, January 16, 2012

Oglicious: Drool-worthy Art

After my last post, I scoured ApartmentTherapy.com for hours just to look at all the cool design options out there. One thing that I noticed in all the posts that I liked was that they all had amazing artwork. I didn't always like all the artwork, but whether I liked it or not, the art on the walls really defined the style of the room. Of course choice of furniture is a part of that, too, but the art connected everything. I love my Josh Keyes print, but there is such a huge world of artwork out there. Not all of it is affordable for me, but hey! On the interwebs,that doesn't matter! I can Ogle to my heart's desire!

For a living room/common space, I always want it to feel happy and inviting.  One thing I can't stand is walking into a house with a stiff living room that feels like a museum.  Blah!  Here are some fun pieces that I would hang in my living room to set the mood.

How happy and wonderful is this piece??  "Cheerful" by Yosuke Ueno.  Estimated cost?  I can't be sure, but probably over $5,000.

Another color one that I love is here by Romero Britto who is already wildly popular.  Definitely an Ogle own piece since this would probably cost upwards of $30,000.

For a bedroom, I want things that are peaceful and dreamlike.

So, of course Audrey Kawasaki has to be there!  I actually own this print and it's currently hung up in my bedroom.

This is an adorable piece is called "Incident" by Steven Tabbutt.


I love this!  It reminds me a little of the The Neverending Story.  I always wondered what it would be like to ride Falcor!  This is "The Apple and the String" by Amy Sol

Now for the bathroom...I'm not sure if I would really want to put art up in the bathroom.  I mean you're really only in there to do a handful of things...number 1, number 2 or shower (for most of us anyway).  I personally think there's a lot of humor in poop and fart jokes so I think these are perfect:

"Warm Regards" by Kaws is hilarious.

Here's one for the boys, Untitled by Luke Chueh.  Hehe.

Do you have any amazing art- Ogle-worthy or totally Ownable??  I think there's tons of affordable art out there that can give rooms the same feelings that these pieces do.  If you have any favorite artists, share with me!  I love to widen my contemporary art brain catalogue.  

No comments: