Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Own: New-to-Me designer, Raoul

I have to thank my Google Reader and blog Mizhattan for introducing me to this designer's creations.  Raoul is a Singapore based designer that I had never heard of, but as soon as I saw the look book images hit my Google Reader, I had to stop.  Looking at the look book, it's not that this designer is something that is innovative or new, but something about the designs are very dressy, yet casual.  A bit of cool without trying to hard.

I'm a big fan of clothes that speak for themselves and don't require a lot of dressing up with accessories and I feel like Raoul is that kind of brand.  The lines are clean in the dresses, the blouses hold a very subtle sexiness, and it's just the right amount of lady-like without being even the slightest bit frumpy.  You could meet your future husband's mother in these clothes.  So prim and proper.  Here are a few of my favorites pulled from the Raoul look book:

 
Like sherbert!
QUARTZ PINK/ORANGE A-LINE SHIFT DRESS
METALLIC BEIGE STRAPPY WEDGE


 CLOUD DRAPED MAXI DRESS
TAN SKINNY BELT WITH PIN BUCKLE
TAN JANICE SHOULDER BAG

This is just plain incredible.  If I own one outfit by Raoul, it will be this one.
NAVY TEE SHIRT
NAVY HIGH WAIST SHORT METALLIC BEIGE WOVEN SANDAL

 SAGE/SESAME EXTENDED SHIRT
QUARTZ PINK CIGARETTE PANT
METALLIC BEIGE INES CLUTCH

OFF WHITE SAILOR BLOUSE
OFF WHITE FIT AND FLARE PANT

SESAME CAMISOLE
SESAME MAXI CLASSIC SKIRT

Luckily for us all, Raoul has an online shop!!  Shop it here.

No comments: