Friday, May 20, 2011

Obsess: Up and coming local NY Jeweler, Michael Alexander

On a random Saturday, I was strolling along the UWS and I happened upon a crafts fair-type market.  There were tons of designers there peddling their creations, but none stood out as strongly as these designs by Michael Alexander.  The booth was well put together and the jewelry he had was beautifully displayed.  I took one look at it and knew it was something special and unique.  I haven't really seen anything like his designs anywhere else.  They are unique, elegant and truly modern.

I'll admit that I'm always a sucker for jewelry, but the freshness of his designs and the interesting way that he sets some of his stones in his designs guarantee that if you own something of his, you'll get compliments.  These are not cheap baubles, though.  A few of the designs I looked at were $3,000+.  Hence, I'll just obsess for now...from afar...woe is me.

Take a look at these beauties from his site, www.michaelalexander.com:



Wouldn't this make a beautiful engagement ring?

 Or wedding band?

These are all gold and precious stone creations.  Drool away.

No comments: