Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Own (if you can!) : Kloset

Living in NY, I tend to think that all designers who are designers must have a store in NY!  However, I quickly realized that was a dumb and naive thought.

While in Bangkok, I discovered some amazing brands and some incredibly innovative designs that were very affordable.  One of these designers that really stood out to me was a brand called Kloset.  I had never heard of them prior to seeing them in Siam Paragon in Bangkok.  The brand is amazingly whimsical and creative and I was just so drawn to the happy nature of the designs.

This season, their them is nautical and I'm not talking about blue and white stripes, but a truly nautical story with whales, fish, and octopuses.  Their current collection is called "A Letter From Mrs. Columbus" which is an adorable theme and describes the collection exactly.  Their website, though slightly slow to load, is beautifully done.  Here are some pictures from their lookbook which you can find here:




The brand has actually been around for a solid decade having started up in 2001.  They are carried in VERY few stores in the US, but I'm definitely going to have to find it now that I've seen it in person.  The quality is amazing and delicate.  I'm not usually a person of patterns, but the patterns that are used in this collection are just so darling!  It's hard to tell from the look book pictures, but if you happen to come across a Kloset piece yourself, you'll see what I mean.  I have to own a piece!  I need the mini fish belt!

No comments: