Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ogle: CUSHNIE ET OCHS

Recently paying a visit to a favorite boutique of mine on the Upper East Side, Edit, I discovered designer Cushnie et Ochs.  The price point for this line puts them way into the Ogle range, but if I had the means, I would totally own them.  The lines are simple and hard, but not too much so- I think that these are pieces that you could have in your closet for years and they would still stay relevant and unique.

Their website's "About" section is currently under construction, but this American duo really doesn't need much introduction.  They've definitely been in the NYC Fashion circuit for a few years and just going through the look books, I can see why.  Their designs are simple, but shocking.  Some of their dresses are just arresting to look at.  I think that there are so many understated parts of the body that designers often overlook, and I think that Cushnie et Ochs has found a way to get to those parts of the body without being vulgar or obvious.  See below from Style.com:

 
I love the focus here on the collar bone without leaving it bare

 
Awesomely accentuated thigh high slit.  Totally unapologetic.

 
Near armpit slits

I definitely sense a little Alexander Wang-esque design, especially with all the black and goth undertones, but I think that some of the lines here are a little more feminine than what Alexander Wang usually does.  Either way, I think it's lovely and I hope to own a piece soon.  Very soon.

No comments: