Thursday, November 17, 2011

Obsess: Winter Editions continued...the perfect winter jacket.

Continuing my prep for the winter, I'm now thinking about jackets.  I bought a great Dunderdon jacket last year at Barneys and I don't really need a new jacket, but it never hurt to look!  Here's the jacket that I own:


It also comes with a fleece lining.  I like it, but it's just a little snug in the arms so it gets hard to fit larger sweaters into it.  On top of that, there are a wealth of cute puffer jackets out there!  When I think about the length of jacket, I tend to lean toward jackets that don't go too far past the butt because I want my warm, waterproof boots to come up over my ankles.  Being a short girl, a long coat plus shin-height boots could easily make me appear way shorter than I am.

I've always been a fan of the fur-rimmed hood.  Canada Goose does an excellent fur-rimmed hood.  That's a fact.  See for yourself.

The Victoria Parka is fitted and the hood is perfectly furry!  It's really not that different from the Dunderdon coat, but it's just a little sleeker and less utilitarian looking.  They have it at Bloomingdales.com, but not in black.  The price tag here is much higher too...

If you're not really into the fur, RLX has a good option:
This jacket has that oil slick look which I think is really chic. Though it appears to be purple, it's actually listed as "Polo Black."

This jacket from Penfield is also cute and a little different with the toggles for buttons.


You'll notice that Moncler is clearly missing from my list of jackets, but for the price that those jackets are, they just can't be in this consideration set.  They're just down jackets!  Why are they almost $1,000 each?!  I just don't understand that.  Buy one of these jackets instead.

No comments: