Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Must Owns. My Beauty Essentials.

While there are plenty of options out there when it comes to makeup, there are a few items that I have to always have in my arsenal.  ALWAYS.  Items that I would die without.  You know when people ask you what five things you would take with you if you were stranded on an island?  Well, if my goal on that island were to look good and fresh instead of surviving, then these would be the five:


1) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer- Just the right amount of coverage.  If you want a natural look, this serves as a good base layer that isn't heavy like foundation.  It also has SPF 20 which is great for protecting your skin.

2) Bare Escentuals All Over Face Color in Warmth- My favorite bronzer.  The color isn't really as brown as most bronzers, but instead, it gives more of a glowy blush/bronzer look.  I love this stuff.  It also takes very little to get the color you want.

3) Sephora Liquid Liner in Matte Black- A must have.  I wish that I could wake up with this stuff on.  It creates a strong black eyeliner line and really brings out the cat-eye shape, which I am super fond of.  It's a great liner for dramatic eye makeup.

4) Covergirl Smoothers Concealer- I have used this concealer since I was in high school.  Because it's low cost, I have one in light and medium for my summer and winter skin tones.  I have this on me always.  You never know when that random pimple is going to show up.  This cover stick is full, un-cakey coverage.  If they ever stop making this, I don't know what I'll do.  Maybe I should hoard now...!

5) Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose- The lip gloss alternative.  It's not really a lip gloss because it's not as glossy as that.  It's not a lip balm because it's glossier than that.  It's not a lipstick because it's not that much color.  Whatever it is, it's perfect for every day wear and it has some SPF in it as well.

There you have it.  Which five makeup items would you take with you??

No comments: