Thursday, November 10, 2011

Obsess: Not Kiki, but Wolford Bonny Dots

I work in media so I remember, years ago, when the New York Times' T Style Magazine was just an idea.  Now, it's blown itself out to be a great extension of the New York Times, diving deeper into fashion, travel, food and culture.  In Mid-October they featured a very glowy Kirsten Dunst shot by Terry Richardson.  I'm not usually one to lean towards ladylike or retro fashions (except for neon- I can't get enough of that stuff), but after seeing this shoot, I hooked on this one dress- the Wolford Bonny Dots dress.  See for yourself:


This dress is simple enough, right?  For the shoot, they paired it with a simple Calvin Klein coat.  AND HER LIPS.  AND NAILS!  I think this is really a case where you can see that cosmetics are the accessories.  Her perfectly red lips and nails stand out here and serve as accessories to complete the look.  I love how simple and classic this looks.  It's my fall-to-winter inspiration!

I haven't been able to find a more affordable version of this dress (it's also sold out on the Wolford site, but the dress retails for over $500).  

You can see the rest of the photos here: T Magazine.

No comments: