Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Obsess until I pick one...winter boots

Now that it's been five solid years that I've faced the New York City winter, I think it's time for me to upgrade my regular, ugly winter duds to ones that are actually stylish.  Some might say that task is virtually impossible, but hear me out here.

Let's start with shoes!  In my opinion, when the winter comes, I feel warmer if my feet stay warm and dry.  While everyone swears by Hunter boots, I just don't think they do the trick!  They don't really keep your feet warm (even if you have those welly socks things) and they are not comfortable.  I'm sure some people out there will disagree with me, but I'm standing my ground on my opinion of Hunter boots.

There are a lot of really cute winter boot alternatives out there.  Just doing a quick browse on some of my usual sites, here are a few that I really like:


Pretty classic Sorel boots.  I like these because they are simple and functional, but not too clunky.

If you like the Sorel boots above, but want something a little more fashionable, then these Sorel boots might do the trick.  They have a little bit of faux fur at the top.

These Tretorn boots are a little more utilitarian looking, but I have a pair of Tretorn sneakers and they are awesome so I have to think that these will be equally awesome.

Tired of all the black?  Well, these Sperry Flannel boots are a cute way to do something a little more colorful. Also, I think that when flannel gets dirty, it's still really cute.

None of the above boots doing it for you?  Then how about these ASOS Heeled Duck Boots?  I know that it seems silly to rock a heeled shoe when the weather outside is dismal, but these look pretty substantial and you might be okay in them!  If you get them and test them out, let me know how it goes.

Now, off you go to equip yourselves!   Don't wait until it starts to snow again.  I'm torn.  These are all great options.  Which ones do you like best?!?  Help me decide!

1 comment:

TaraLDyer said...

I think you should get the Tretorn boots. They are cute but kinda hiptser.. just like you!!