Monday, April 30, 2012

Birthday Week: Day 1 Obsess, Fancy Yoga Gear

Right before my trip to Nicaragua, I kicked my workouts into high gear.  I turned my regular gym workouts into bootcamp sessions and I amped up my vinyasa yoga classes by going to hot classes which were taught in temperatures reaching to 100 degrees.

I fell in love with the hot yoga.

At first, it was horrible.  I hated every super sweaty moment I was in class.  I counting the seconds until the end of those grueling 75 minutes.  My body would slip off the mat and my other body parts.  I wouldn't be able to get balance because of all the sweat dripping from parts of my body that I didn't even know could sweat.  A friend of mine, the one who introduced me to it, continued to push me.  I continued to go and torture myself.  After maybe the fifth time, I reached hot yoga nirvana (don't ask me how...I don't even remember).  I was finally more comfortable with the heat (though comfortable is an overstatement, if there ever was one) and I was hooked.  I've been doing hot yoga (and hot pilates, yay!) for about three months now and I love it.  Now, to equip myself (Final Fantasy style)!

the perfect skidless (+3 endurance!  To keep me from slipping off my mat so I can stay focused)

the perfect sports bras (+2 agility!  To allow me to move more freely without worrying about nip slips)

This one from Athleta in a funky purple pattern.


This one from lululemon has a really cute back and is just a little more unique than your average black sports bra.


The perfect bottoms (+5 dexterity!  To give me that friction to get up to the crow pose!)

These from Athleta, pretty simple but just long enough that I would be able to get into poses without sliding off my legs

These super schnazzy ones from lululemon.  The probably get a +2 in booty shaking hotness, too.  Extra points!

While I'm doing hot yoga now in far less styling yoga duds, I'd love to have some of these in my closet!  These aren't really in the usual Obsession price range, but somehow, I can't get over pay $55 for a pair of workout pants.  Who knows...I'm a softy for hot pink and I might have to give in to those hot pants from lululemon.

1 comment:

katherine dolan said...

if i won the lottery i'd spend half of it on yoga clothes :) because i love them and because they're crazy expensive....totally with you on this rach!! - kd