Sunday, April 15, 2012

OGLE: Really Pretty Roarke

Confession: I love scarves.  If it was possible to not sweat in the summer while in a scarf, I would rock a scarf year round.  Wait, what's that you say, Internets?!  It IS possible?!  Where??  How??!  Show me the way!

While browsing one of my favorite blogs, vanessajackman.blogspot.com, I saw this lovely pic:



There are a lot of lovely things about this picture...the girl, the hair, the blazer...but her scarf- JUST LOOK AT IT.  It's awesome.  It's really pretty.  I know- such a simple adjective to describe something so blingtastic, but it is- it's just really pretty!

I took a look at the scarf in the picture again. I had seen this scarf before...in an email!  I took to my inbox and scoured far and wide.  It was an email from Popsugar!  It remembered clicking on a fantastic rainbow scarf that kind of resembled this teal one:


Thank goodness for Popsugar...I didn't have to spend sleepless nights trying to figure out where this girl got this necklace...the sad part is that due to the high price tag, I'll have to only Ogle.  I do think that the craftsmanship and uniqueness of the scarf make it close to worth it (maybe?), but the day I have $400+ hanging out, there are a lot of things on my list that I'll have to pick up before this one.

Who knows...maybe this is the start to a fun DIY project for me??

Inspiration does wild things to people (read: I am not good at arts and crafts).

1 comment:

Kezzie said...

Oooh, it's lovely! I am inspired, I'd definitely try to make one of these if I had the time! I have stacks of beads kicking around! I had a friend Waewdao from Thailand and she used to embroider skirts like this!!!!!