Monday, April 9, 2012

Obsesssss: Alison Cutlan

Pinterest is a funny thing sometimes.

Sometimes it leads you down a rabbit hole on tumblr, where click after click after click after click, you still can't find the source of what you're looking for.  Unless you have some savvy pinning friends, forget finding the true source of an image.

I remember when I first pinned this image, bracelets by Alison Cutlan:


I clicked through and was taken to The Henrik Vibskov Boutique where the bracelets were no where in sight.  I did Googled Ms. Cutlan and came up with a site that was a work in progress, but no information on where or how to find these adorable bracelets.

I was at a loss.  I gave up.  I momentarily hated Pinterest for leading me on and making me covet a bracelet so much, but not giving me a way to find it.  In retrospect, I was really angry at the interwebs for not making the bracelets easier to find  (I shook my fist at Google), but I moved on.

THEN my web life and my real life joined and magic happened.  This weekend, while strolling around SoHo this weekend,  I came upon the Henrik Vibskov store- I didn't even know that this store existed in NY!  What a nice surprise!  I walked in.  I can't say that I was really hopeful about finding the Alison Cutlan designs, but I looked.  I glanced into the accessories display case and saw nothing.  Slightly disappointed, I started to walk towards the back of the store.  Suddenly, next to the register, THERE THEY WERE.

"They just came in!" said the very friendly sales girl.  She was just as excited to tell me about them as I was to see them.  They were amazing in person! While they appear to be fabric, they are actually a mesh wire on the outside that appear to be spray painted to give them a gradient colored effect.  Inside the mesh are small glass beads that make the bracelet seems almost glittery when they catch the light just right.  In short, I LOVE THEM.

Luckily, the internet is fast and constantly growing world and now it's actually possible to find these bracelets (AND necklaces!)

Here are some places where you can pick them up:
Asos (of course.  They have everything)
Henrik Vibskov Boutique
FarFetch

While I love these bracelets, I have graduated to wanting to pay more than $50 for accessories...I've made some (FEW) exceptions, but I'm going to marinate on these.  If I see them again, I might just have to get one.  They would be awesome for layering in with other bracelets.  I particularly love this one:


Oh, and Pinterest and I made up. We're still in love and doing well.  Thank you for your concern.

No comments: