Thursday, May 3, 2012

Birthday Week: Day 4 Ogle, The Perfect Leather Jacket

Sometimes I think trends are going to go away and sometimes I'm totally wrong.

I was wrong about leather jackets.  I thought they'd be a two-season and done kind of thing, but they weren't.  They've been here for a few years now and every year that leather jacket weather comes around (you know, it's in the 50s outside and it's just a little cloudy), I wish I had the perfect one!

I've resisted buying one now for a couple years because I have a really rad one that my mom passed down to me- the epitome of the motorcycle jacket from the 80s (shoulder pads and all), I think it's time to get real and get one that feels a little more like me, though I totally give my mom props for being so damn cool back in the day.

Here are the ones that I really love:


love the asymmetrical zip and the simplicity of this one by Surface to Air

Variation of the Surface to Air one, but with a little more neck by Veda

BUT THIS ONE.  THIS ONE IS PERFECT.  Of course, it's the most Ogle-able and by Rick Owens.

It's almost summer and I can't wait for summer to get here, yet I'm writing about something I want for the fall?  The brain works in mysterious ways.  Go figure.  

No comments: