Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Obsess or Own: Butter Elixir Face Oil

First of all, big news, people- I got married!!

Over the last year, my fiancĂ© and I have been planning our nuptials in Thailand and on November 23, 2014, we walked down the aisle and made it official!  So, I guess that's why I haven't had as much time to devote to this blog as I've wanted.  It's definitely still been a year full of Ogles, Obsesses, and Owns (especially when it came to wedding stuff, but we'll have to devote another post or three to that subject).

Thailand is a whole world away (about a day's flight time)- we spent a month there preparing, getting married and mini-mooning- a month is surely enough time to forget how frigid NYC gets in the winter and I was rudely reminded when we landed in JFK airport a week ago and my warmest piece of clothing was a measly little fleece jacket.  I was frozen!

Cold weather = dry skin.  UGH.

After a month of gloriously luscious skin right before the wedding (after several months of consistent microdermabraisons, lots of water consumption, and lots of 8-hour sleep nights), my skin instantly dried up- patches of flaky, red skin as soon as that cold air hit my face.  *cries*

I'm still searching for the solution, but after a stroll around Williamsburg the other day, I discovered a product that I think might just work.  Have you guys heard of or used Butter Elixir?



I found it in Catbird and after a couple drops on my hand, I was amazed.  The face oil was a beautiful scent and it glided on so easily.  It soaked into my skin right away and left gorgeously dewy skin behind.  It gave my hand the healthiest natural glow.  I was mesmerized.

Apparently, this product was created by a few NYC yogis that were looking for something to moisturize with after yoga classes (right up my alley).

I should've bought it...I think.  I came home to read some reviews, but I'm already totally Obsessed.  Right now, my night time moisturizing routine consists of just slathering on coconut oil with a touch of warm water mixed in, topped with Pond's.  That's right, simple Pond's face cream- what you get at your local Walgreens.  Nothing fancy.

I am feeling like it's not enough to combat the cold, dry conditions of the impending NYC winter, so I may have to get this face oil.  If you've used it before, let me know what you think!  This could be another Obsess to Own story...we'll see!
  

No comments: