Friday, December 12, 2014

Ogle to Own: The Shoes!

I forgot to tell you where I got married!  I was lucky enough to get married in the tropical paradise of Thailand.  My husband's family is Thai and a lot of his family was in Singapore and Thailand, so it was a great excuse to do a destination wedding.  We got married in Hua Hin, Thailand.  You probably haven't heard of it before because it's not a huge international tourist location, but I have a feeling that it won't be long until others discover it.

When it came to looking for wedding shoes, I knew I needed a sandal- no way was I going to end my wedding night with stinky feet!  I was prepared to spare no expense- this was not going to be an Ogle story.  I would buy whatever shoe I wanted.  

I'm not really a shoe junkie (if you read this blog, you know handbags are my drug of choice), so I wasn't really sure where to start, but sparkly was the first thing that popped into my mind.  I looked at countless pairs of Rene Caovilla strappy sandals, I tried on all the rhinestone covered sandals at Saks...nothing seemed to really work.  As a matter of fact, most of them were incredibly uncomfortable.

Sigh*

Now, comfort isn't usually something that matters that much to me, but in this case I knew I would have to wear them for hours.  I started to turn my eye to metallic sandals.  Metallics have been kind of "in" for a while and I've generally avoided them in sandals (though I'm not sure why), so starting to look at metallic sandals was a whole new world for me.  At the same time I started my search, Barneys was having a sale over July 4th.

BINGO!  Found them!  AND they were on sale.




Now, I had my reservations.  You see, this cute little shoe has a platform and I was really worried that it would make the shoe not look delicate or graceful.  A friend at work stopped by and took a look.  

"Dude, get them."

That's really all it took- I was checking out and 2 days later, they arrived.  I put them on, feeling a little like Cinderella with the glass slipper, and did a twirl or two in them.  They were perfect.  They were so comfortable.  It was time to Facetime my mom!  She loved them, too, and the rest is history.  

I danced all day and night in these perfect heels and you know what else?  I plan to wear them again.

No comments: