Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Obsess: Assad Mounser

This past weekend in NY was BEAUTIFUL!  The city is finally starting to feel alive again and one of the best places to feel that energy is in Soho.  I walked around all the small streets and found myself in Otte.  If you aren't familiar with this store, you should check it out.  They have a nicely curated selection of brands and cool jewelry.

The store in Soho really isn't that big so it's not surprise that this one amazing sparkler caught my eye.  


I tried it on and it was magical.  The necklace called the Ginger Collar, is fitted close to the base of the neck and closure is a magnet.  It was classy and elegant, but not old school.  The colors were really amazing and this picture definitely doesn't do the necklace justice.  It also had an amazing bracelet that matched it.  The colors are a bright mix and I thought to myself, "this necklace could go with so many THINGS....!"

What stopped me?  The price tag.  DANG GIRL, for something that has nothing precious on it, why is it almost $600?!  Stunned, I had to put it back.  I hadn't seen anything like it though.  Part of the price is likely due to the unique craftsmanship of the necklace.  It's difficult to see in the picture, but it's all held together by smaller chain necklaces.  The necklace is heavy so it definitely has a lot of materials going on with it.

If you're not deterred by the price tag, feel free to surf some other beautiful Assad Mounser creations here.

No comments: