Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Own! What to Wear at FNO

What is FNO?

It's Fashion's Night Out (Thursday, 9/6)!  As much as I want to be enthusiastic about this event, I have to say that, because it's so contrived*, I find it hard to really get into it.

Ok, so if you don't know what I'm talking, let me give you the DL.  The event was created a few years ago by none other than the Fashion World Giant Anna Wintour.  She came up with this idea when the economy was really tanking and retail needed a pick-me-up.  It's a night when stores stay open late and have "specials" or sneak previews of what is in store for fall.  In the city, a lot of stores have special guests including live entertainment and many of them also have designers themselves there to meet and greet.

So what does one wear to FNO?  It's hard to say.  Fashion's Night Out is really Fashion's Halloween Night out for girls.  You'll see all kinds of outfits being paraded around and the crazier, the better.  But I've done that before and I can tell you I ended up at home with my feet in shambles, looking like a total sweaty mess.  It's from experience that I say to you, COMFORT is KEY.  With all the girls that will be traipsing around the city, though, you don't want to get shown up.  You want to look like you know what you're doing.  Here are a few suggestions.  All within price range and all fashion-y, like we girls like it.

I love to fashion looks around shoes.  SO!  Let's see what we have here from Zara.  They always have a great shoe selection and their first delivery of fall is already in stores.

lovely red heeled flat How about pairing this with a pair of high waisted skinny jeans and prim and proper top.  Top your look off with a clean coif like a high bun and dangle some lovely baubles from your lobes. 


These are great transitional shoes.  They'd be great with a casual t-shirt dress and some unique jewelry.  You could probably rock a nice wine lip (like Dior in Fantastic Plum), too.




I know, I know.  At New Year's, I said I was over the spike, but look how adorable this shoe is!  I think the smaller heel makes it so much less severe.  To toughen up the look a little, I'd rock some awesome leather leggings (a little outside the Ownable price range, but whatever), a sheer top (bra optional!) and a clean navy blue, long blazer.  But that's just me.

Anyway, there you go.  Three comfortable and trendy outfits for your FNO adventures!  Stay tuned tomorrow for the Ogle version of this post!

*I'm not hating on what actually happens on the night of Fashion's Night Out, but I just hate that it was created to boost sales.  People love fashion.  It should have been sold as a chance to get the inside scoop on the designs that you've admired for the last 6 months (Spring Fashion Week).  All in all, that's just a technicality.

No comments: