Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ogle: If I had a Million Dollars!

Come to think of it though, what is a million dollars today?

That phrase is meant to inspire people to get to that economic freedom where their disposable income seems infinite, but this day in age, a million dollars seems like diddly - I mean when you think about buying a huge house and an awesome car- that right there would be your cool million gone.

Anyway, let's just assume that by "million," I mean, crazy-cowabunga-oodles-and-oodles-of-millions-of-bucks (wow, my most proper English to date) and get to what we're really here to do- stare in awe at all the things we could buy if we had that crazy-cowabunga-oodles-and-oodles-of-millions-of-bucks.  Let's get started.

I've had bags on the brain for the last 3 weeks and it's driving me nuts (don't even ask me about the Smythson bag that I lost out on...I'll save that for a Regret post).  If I had all those bucks though, I would keep them in this lovely and classic Delvaux bag.  This Belgian brand has been around for a long time, but doesn't seem to get much exposure in the US- such a shame.  I think that the Givry bag, pictured here, is SO PRETTY.  Remember, we're uber-millionaires so this $2,150 bag would be pennies in the bucket.  Want to see more about Delvaux?  Click here.


Every day clothes?  I would probably keep it pretty simple, in my heart I really love unique design and soft fabrics.  I would probably live a lot of my days in James Perse because it's so lovely and soft.  Especially simple dresses like this asymmetrical shoulder one.  This one is actually very Ownable today without my millions at $95.  

But if I wanted to get a little fancy, this Chalayan dress is amazing.  I love the color and the contrasting fabrics.  While the cut is simple, the construction of the dress makes it really unique.  Fab and just over $1,100.  Ha.
I've never really been big on wearing pants (I'd usually pick a skirt or a dress), but Miu Miu's fall stuff looks amazing.  Look at these pants.  They're simple and sleek (and $835).  

Probably awesome paired with a shirt like this:
Adorable cashmere from Chinti and Parker for $550.

I LOVE Miu Miu accessories.  I think they're so fun and whimsical.  These earrings would be awesome with that Chalayan dress up there.  Bling bling it up for $235. 

Finally, SHOES.  OH SHOES.  How the world of footwear would be my oyster if I had unlimited monies to spend on you.  Well, without a doubt, my epicly large walk in closet would be filled with Repetto flats at around $230 a pop.  Explore your own favorites here


Sky high heels?  Here are the ones from my dreams.  They're by Gianvito Rossi and they're so beautiful.  And $895.

Alright!  So let's settle up here...all things considered, this would only be $6,605 out of my millions!  So DOABLE, right??!....haha...It's nice to play make belief sometimes.  Ogle away, my friends.




No comments: