Thursday, September 15, 2011

OBSESS: MARIA GRACHVOGEL because her stuff is incredible.

Every now and then, I'll take a lazy weekend day and investigate the Yoox.com site.  I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with this site, but I would equate the shopping experience on Yoox.com with shopping THE WORLD.  They have so many brands on their site that, at first, it might seem like an intimidating shopping experience, but they do have a lot of ways to filter so that you can narrow things down.  I've found that it's a great place to explore and expand your mind past brand names that you're familiar with.  Sometimes getting hung up on brand names keeps you from really finding the style and fashion that you love.  In my case, I wish that I had found more cheap brands that I liked, but instead I stumbled upon Maria Grachvogel.

After looking at tons of stuff on Yoox.com, I kept clicking on Maria Grachvogel pieces without knowing that they were hers.  Here are a couple things I clicked on:

Simple looking enough right?  This could easily be a staple dress in my wardrobe.

Now, THIS is what I call a transition piece.  It's in an amazing color for the fall but has just enough leg showing that it has a taste of summer still.  Alas, not in my size here.

After seeing these two pieces on Yoox.com, I expanded out to a web search to find that Shopbop already carries this brand.  Look at this:
Amazing skirt.  I love this.  Buy here if you can afford it. 

Here are some gorgeous pieces from her site:

 Simple cuts with amazing color and pattern seem to be a trend on her site, but this knit dress is something that I would LOVE to have in my wardrobe.  I could live every day in something like this.

A straight-up knock out.  This dress is perfectly draped without being baggy or unflattering. And the color!  Oh la la...

I also have to give major props the MariaGrachvogel.com because the site is very shoppable- you can not only stop by category, but you can shop by the parts of your body that you love and the parts of your body that you would like to hide/minimize.  THAT, my friends, is genius and innovation.  The day I hit the lotto, I'm going straight to this site and snatching up as many things as I can, but for now I have to sit by the sidelines obsessing...

No comments: