Thursday, September 15, 2011

Own: Say no to black and yes to NEON for the fall

Every year, when fall and winter come around, my wardrobe suddenly goes all black.  Well, this year, I am taking a stand against that.  I refuse to go through another drab, black and grey season, weather or wardrobe!  I came to this conclusion after seeing the amazing Miroslava Duma during fashion week:

She's in Christopher Kane with Miu Miu earrings  (I could write a whole separate blog post about how much I love the apple-themed Miu Miu accessories) and she's stunning.  Arresting.  Breath-taking. YET, NOT man-repelling.  Who knew this was achievable??  Style that both guys and girls will love.

Ok, all gushing aside, she inspired me to think about how I could spice up my cold weather duds with neon, in an affordable way (God knows that Christopher Kane clearly falls in the super-high obsession price range).  Here are some awesome things that I found that I will likely purchase today.  Yay.

For small scale neon infusion, check out these baubbles:

There are super afforadable earrings from Asos.com

Cute woven necklace by Adia Kibur, available on the National Jean Company site

Ready for more neon?  How about these:

Another sweet find from Asos.

Or this from Adam with some black skinny jeans and that awesome woven necklace (see above)

If you're trying to recreate Miroslava's look, you can with the matching skirt from Adam

I'll admit that neon can sometimes be a little overpowering, so pair it with something simple- black and white.  That way, you won't feel like a walking glow stick.  Try a cool cardigan like this to expose the neon in the front and the back:

Available here at RevolveClothing.com

Flash away!


No comments: