Friday, December 7, 2012

Own: That Holiday Clutch

I've never been a huge fan of clutches, but honestly, that's because I like to stuff as much as possible inside my bag.  Unfortunately, when the Holidays come around and I'm wearing a sparkly cocktail dress, my monster duffel bag seems a little out of place and I'm left wishing that I had a dainty clutch instead.

Well, my friends, not this year because I'll Own that dainty, little clutch already!  If your friends are anything like my friends, all your holiday parties are next week.  The pressure is on!  Let's get that clutch!  Without further ado, let's begin the examination.

This Expressions Silver Clutch is pretty standard.  I've seen this type of clutch at a lot of holiday parties in the past and I have to say that while it's not the most amazing clutch I've ever seen, it's likely going to match any holiday dress you choose- a good closet staple.

If you want something a little more understated, check out this French Connection Velvet Clutch.  The texture of the fabric makes it a little fancier than your average black clutch.

If you don't want to actually carry your clutch around, then opt for a crossbody.  This one from Zara is really adorable and because of its color, you could carry this into the spring, too.

Want something black but not feeling the velvet?  How about this Zara Beaded Clutch?  You might have to be careful with the beading, but it looks like it would go great with any holiday/going out outfit.

AND NOW.  The winner.  This one is it.  The Nali Star Clutch!  I love the adorable shape and I usually prefer something a little more whimsical.  While it might be a little small, what does a girl really need at a party besides lipstick and a cell phone, right? 

The best thing about these cute accessories is that they are all under $100.  I think they're versatile enough that you could use them even after the Holidays.  Stay tuned of the Obsess version of this post next week!


No comments: