Friday, June 15, 2012

Owned! A Nanette Lepore Ruffle Dream

The sun outside is an absolute dream!

I'm not trying to sound pretentious or anything but seriously, LOOK:


Immaculate and WARM.  It's beautiful!  I'm lucky enough to have this view every day.  It doesn't always look this amazing, but today it's so perfect that I just have to share it with everyone.

The sunshine was SO DAMN TEMPTING today.

I realize that most of you that read my blog probably already know me and know what I do, but for those of you who don't, I'm sure you've already figured out that I'm not a full time blog writer (girl's gotta eat!).  I work at an ad agency in midtown and my free time during the day is extremely scarce.  When I'm confronted with a day like today, where the sun just comes through my window begging me to bask it in, what do I do?

I scarf down my lunch at my desk in record time and scoot out the door for a quick romp!  And by quick romp, I mean shopping.  Duh.

I hightailed it over to The New York Look on 41st and Broadway.  I don't usually go in here just because I find the salespeople to be a little (a lot) aggressively salesy, but today, the sun had me in the mood to shop and I wasn't to be stopped!

Remember earlier in the year when I wrote about L'Wren Scott's Fall 2012 show?  Well, that clearly influenced my purchases today.  The ladylike jewel tones came over me.  Want to see what I walked out with?  Of course you do:


This adorable Nanette Lepore top.  And this Nanette Lepore skirt.  Ruffles and fluffles and color, oh my!

I'm not usually a Nanette Lepore girl because I find her stuff to be a little conservative, but styles evolve.  Maybe mine is going from loose fitting T shirts to lady-like skirts?  Doubtful, but whatever.  We'll see about that.

No comments: