Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ogle, Obsess, Own: Stay Warm with New Coats

Up until now, I had been thinking that we would have a mild winter here in New York...a few storms later, I'm taking that back.

When I was walking out of my apartment yesterday to brave the cold, I looked in the mirror and I looked like a mess- I had lost all my individuality behind this black puffy coat and pom pom beanie.  My winter jacket was boring and tired.  My knit hat was looking ragged from enduring all the rain and snow.  My scarf is awesome.  It's probably the only awesome thing about my winter uniform.

Roaming the streets all I could see was a sea of Canada Goose jackets and LL Bean boots.  Nothing wrong with those things- they keep you nice and warm when the weather is awful, but there's more out there in the world of winter outerwear.

So what now?  It's time to do some shopping!  Here are things I would choose to spruce up my winter wear that are functional and still cute!

So, prices for coats range from affordably Ownable to overly expensive Ogle-able.  Here are the ones that I love:

This is a really cute and unique patterned coat from Dirk Bikkembergs at under $300


From my Obsess category, here's a pretty red coat by Jil Sander for under $600!

I also love this Camel/Black mixed coat by Atto.


And if you want to go REALLY luxe, here are my two choices.  Break that bank!

I love this ultra LUXE version of the winter parka by Mr. & Mrs.- the black fur on black parka is so classic and pretty.



If you want something a little more fitted, Givenchy has this beautiful option

Look, I know the last two coast are black, but I love black after all and if I was going to shell out bucks for an Ogle-worthy coat, it would be black, but there are a lot of really beautiful colorful coats out there for those of you who want to bring a little color to the winter.

Get shopping!  It's snowing again in NYC already...

No comments: