Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ogle to Own: Story of Regret with Christian Dior

It pains me to write this story, but I have to in order to get it out of my system.

Some days I just want to walk around Bloomingdales.  The other day I did just that.  The weather outside sucked and I just wanted a shopping sanctuary to spend a few hours in.  Also, Bloomingdales has Forty Carrots.  If you've never been there, you HAVE to go there. Best froyo...but back to the story.

I wander into the luxe shoe department and to my surprise, there was a huge sale going on.  Prada, Fendi, Giuseppe Zanotti...the gang was all there.  Oh and some Dior...or at least that's how I had always felt about Dior.  I always felt like Dior was way too "ladylike" for me.  Yes, I'm a lady, but I don't really like to dress like one most of the time.  Give me black, grey, nude, ripped, asymmetrical, and weird...you can keep your pink and frills.

Against my instincts, I picked up a pair of classic pumps by Dior when I was being pressured by an overbearing salesperson.  The shoe wasn't anything that I wanted- it was a kitten heeled with a pointed toe in a purplish suede.  I slipped the shoe on and had a totally had a ladylike moment.

They were MAGICAL.  The shoe was comfortable.  While it was a kitten heel, it didn't look like it because of the pointed toe.  They were PERFECTION.  With a pair of jeans.  With a cute dress.  They were magnificent.  I understood them right away.  The price tag?  $340.



Not bad, right?!  I mean, we're talking about a pair of pumps that made me feel like CINDERELLA.  I don't even want to call them pumps.  They were a delicate epitome of footwear.

I walked away from the shoe.  I still don't know why.  Part of me wants to go back to see if it's still there...I've seen a lot of look-a-likes, but I can't tell you what it was about the fit of this shoe that was so perfect.

Do you have any stories of regret?  Things you wish you had bought but you didn't?  Share them with me!


No comments: