Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Obsess: Donna Karan: For the City Warrior in Us

Donna Karan has been doing her thing for so long that, honestly, sometimes I forget to even look at her Collection- which is my bad.  Her clothes are still amazing.  Her collection for this Fall is really empowering- the slicked back hair and the intense eyes make the women coming down the runway look like warriors.

While the color palette is a little dull (we've all see combos of black, brown and beige), Donna Karan's collection is full of texture and unique cuts which make this a true Obsession of mine.  I tend to like the safe things that have a little bit of quirk so this stuff is right up my alley.  She pairs leather with velvet pair with narrow skirts and fur.  My favorite looks for your pleasure:




These girls look like City Superheroes.  The floating swathes of fabric create really unique and strong shapes against the skin-tight skirts.  I'm a big fan!  I don't care if I've seen all these colors together before, I think the strength in these designs is really inspiring and they look like pieces that I would love to wear.  I especially love the brown furry hat!

No comments: