Friday, February 1, 2013

Obsess and Own: Demylee Sweaters Are Sneaky.

I love sweaters.  A pretty generic statement, I know, but it's true.  To me, almost nothing is better than a cozy, fuzzy sweater completely engulfing you when the weather outside is 10 degrees (like NY right now...).  Well, it might be better if you're sitting next to a fireplace and there's a fresh pie in the oven, but hey, we can't have it all.  Not today, anyway.  Maybe tomorrow!

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I walked into Steven Alan in Soho and spotted an adorable cropped sweater.  I tried it on, fell in love with it, and the rest is history.  I looked at the brand when I was at the register and it was a brand I'd never heard of before- Demylee?  I haven't really thought about it since I bought the sweater, but it's now a frequently worn staple of my winter wardrobe now so I see the tag a lot.   The sweater isn't on StevenAlan.com anymore, but you can find it here.

Weeks went by and when I was in LA, I spotted another sweater by the same brand- a sweater that I'm completely OBSESSED with.  If you have been a reader of my blog for a while (thank you!), you'll know that I love fuzzy things.  Well, this sweater fell square into the "fuzzy things" category.  You're probably asking yourself why I didn't just buy the damn thing if I loved it so much.  That's a good question, especially since the sweater was an extra 50% at the time.

The sweater was VERY unfortunately, not in my size.  *dies*  I thought that was the end of my affair with the sweater, but no!
The a few days ago, Popsugar notified me of an extra 60% off on sale items at Otte.  Cruising around in their sale section, there it was!  I quickly entered my info to pay for it and the order when through.

YESSSSSS!  The sweater was going to be miiiiiiiiiiine.

Days later, I get an email saying that the sweater was already sold out.  **CRUSHED**  It has evaded me....TWICE.

Rather than this just being an "Own" post, it has to be an Obsess post, too. Who knows if I'll ever find this sweater again- it's sold out...everywhere.  I'm haunted still today.

Moral of the story?  Demylee sweaters are awesome.  Also, this brand is sold in a lot of places all over the US and international as well.  Appears I might have just been living under a rock on this brand, but oh well.  I know it now!

No comments: